According to privacy legislation, we have to say which 'legal grounds' we have to use your data. We need information from you because of the contractual agreements between you and Beldos NV, such as your purchase of a product or your right of guarantee. This is the case with:
• Order & pre-order
• Return & repair
• Trade-in & Second chance
• Contact with our customer service
In addition, we can use your data for 'legitimate interest'. This means that we want to provide all our customers with the best possible personal service. We always think about your privacy. This applies to:
• Reviews & customer satisfaction survey
• Contact with our customer service
• Visit of the Beldos website
• Nieuwsletter & e-mail
• Personal advice
• Social media
• Security, wifi & cameras
We store your data in different databases. We always apply strict security measures. Your data is almost always stored within the European Union. In the exceptional case that customer data is transferred to countries outside the European Union, we ensure that your privacy is protected in an appropriate manner. This has been officially established for a number of countries. Some American parties have registered under the Privacy Shield that offers sufficient protection. Or we work with official model contracts that are specially designed to guarantee your privacy.
We do not store and use your data for longer than necessary. Then we delete all the data we have from you. Or we use your data anonymously, because we need certain data for internal analysis and reports such as the value of your order.But how does that work in practice? We keep certain deadlines, after which we delete your data. You can read them here:
• We delete recorded phone calls by default after 30 days unless we have a legal obligation to keep a conversation longer.
• We will not keep camera images of our headquarters for more than 4 weeks. Unless we see something suspicious that we have to investigate further whether the images should be kept longer because of another legal obligation.
• We delete inactive client accounts after 7 years. After that period of time we only use your data anonymously, for internal reports.
• We must keep our administration with your invoice, payment and order data for 7 years for the tax authorities. After that, we only use anonymous data for internal reports. You also have to keep the invoices for your purchases, for example to know when your guarantee expires.
• If you have your product repaired or replaced by Beldos NV, we will keep your report and contact details for 7 years. After that, we only use your data anonymously, for internal reports.
• We retain data that we use to prevent fraud for a long time.
Of course you remain in charge of your data. Do you want to have free access to your personal data and receive a copy?
Or do you want to change, delete, restrict usage, or adjust your email preferences? No problem. You just have to let us know by mail or e-mail. This way you can also object to the use of your data for marketing purposes or indicate that you think your privacy outweighs our interest. In that case, we review the situation again.
Unsubscribing for the newsletter is easy by clicking here: unsubscribe
We want to make sure that you really are you. That is why we may ask you for additional information about your identity. We also do this with unclear requests.
For questions or complaints about your data and the protection of your privacy you can contact us at any time.
Schrijven: Beldos NV – privacy, Kruiningenstraat 93-95, 2900 Schoten
If you are not satisfied with how Beldos NV handles your privacy, you can contact the privacy authority.
We are Beldos NV
This is our VAT identification number: BE0475579914
You can reach us here:
Call: +32 (0)3 646 40 48
Writing: Beldos NV – privacy, Kruiningenstraat 93-95, 2900 Schoten